Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Frustration

"Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams.  Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential.  Concern yourself not with what you have tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do." ~Pope John XXIII

This sucks!  I'm in a funk and I don't know quite why.  Well - to tell you the truth I know a few of the contributors, but I shouldn't let any of them bring me down like this.  It's not like me to get depressed and feel sorry for myself.  I know what wonderful gifts I have in my life and I don't for a minute take them for granted.  So why do I feel so bad?

I haven't posted for a while because nothing much has been happening.  Work, Karate, Cub Scouts, church, homework (ugh!).  My kids were gone for a week over the holidays.  Didn't like that one bit.  Despite the public opinion that I "dumped" my kids off with my ex so I could "party", I ended up in bed most nights by 8 p.m. with an ear infection.  By myself!  Good times!  Even if I wanted to do said partying, I wouldn't have made it out long.  I did get some shopping in on Black Friday though.  Is it so wrong that I bought myself some awesome clothes and didn't get one Christmas present?  Also stopped at IKEA on the way home from Cincy.  Now that should have put me in a good mood, right?

So, this is me in a funk.  No funny sayings, no pigeons descending from the sky, no incredibly awkward dates.  Just eh.  I really need some excitement in my life.  I know - I asked for it.  Maybe not excitement but just something very interesting.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

1 comment:

  1. There have been quite a few bloggers who are experiencing exactly what you are. I still say it's this time of year that brings out the worst emotions in people. I'm sure you were lost without your kids so the hell with those that said you got 'rid of them' for your own pleasure. People will always have an opinion and not always a good one. As long as you know. Hope you're feeling better too. Good for you for buying new clothes. Who says shopping at this time of year has to be for Christmas? Don't worry about what others think. Oh and by the way, you can write about anything on here. Good or bad. I know I enjoy hearing from you and would love to hear more often although I know how busy you are. Sending hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete