Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Hope

"Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark."~George Iles



If you've read my blog, you know my position on faith.  It's not a tangible thing.  It's not something you can give to someone or even really describe.  It is a truth that you just know.  It is that thing that allows you to step past belief and go on.

But what do you do when life throws a curve ball and smacks you in the face with it?  No time to react.  No chance to prepare yourself.  No way to shield you from the pain and doubt.  It could be an illness with an unknown outcome.  The lack of control over a decision that not only affects your life but the lives of your children as well.  The loss of a family member ripped from your life with no time to say goodbye.

My main reason for writing today's blog is that I have several friends dealing with loved ones that have cancer.  Sudden, almost impossible to cure cancer.  It's a situation when even the most faithful stumble.  Wonder "why me?"  Have trouble seeing through the darkness for even the smallest pinpoint of light.  I am asking for prayers for these courageous people.  They are just like you and me: mothers, daughters, sisters.  It could be you and me but for the grace of God.  And we need prayers for their family and friends.  For a strengthening of faith.  For a glimmer of hope when it feels like doubt is closing in.  For a moment of calm in this tumultuous storm.

So, today is not about me but about them.  Please send up a prayer.  Hold a hand out into the dark.  For through God all things are possible.  Even this...

No comments:

Post a Comment