Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Awe

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.  He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." ~Albert Einstein 


It never ceases to amaze me the differences in my view of the world and my children's view.  We, as adults, are inconvenienced by the traffic, snow-piled roads, and the half-an-hour extra each day it takes to bundle up our kids.  My little ones, however, see the world through different eyes.  They trudge through the snow drifts, filling their boots with snow and soaking their socks.  They grab at the littlest patch of snow and aim for the nearest hint of bare skin.  And they especially walk to the truck with their mouths open, trying to catch the first snowflakes of the season.

It would be nice to stop and take a fresh look at our surroundings more often.  What little details are we missing because we are so worried about getting to our next destination?  What gifts from God do we overlook because we are too busy?  I'm pretty sure that He has more in mind for me than just being a taxi driver. 

So, as usual, I will take a cue from my kids.  I am going to slow down just a bit, set my phone down, and take a new look around me.  Perhaps there are some newly formed snowflakes waiting...

1 comment:

  1. Definitely something we all should do once in awhile. Just stop and take it all in. Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete