Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Gifts

"Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness.  To an opponent, tolerance.  To a friend, your heart.  To a customer, service.  To all, charity.  To every child, a good example.  To yourself, respect." ~Oren Arnold

There's not much on my Christmas list.  Honestly, I can't even think of anything I really want.  Mainly because I have just about everything I could ask for.  No, I'm not rich.  I don't have everything I desire.  But I definitely have everything I need.

I have been truly blessed.  Especially this year.  I have been given a taste of freedom I have never truly known before.  I am in a job that I enjoy waking up and going to every day (well - almost...).  My three beautiful, healthy children love their teachers and the new friends that they have acquired.  We live in a nice apartment in a great location and even have high-speed internet again (lol!).

I love being back with my family.  It's so nice for the kids to be able to build strong relationships with the people who helped make me the amazing person I am. And I am rebuilding and reinforcing those same family ties.

As far as stuff, I have realized that it is just that - stuff.  Ya can't take it with you.  I have lost my attachment and the need to keep getting more of it.  Don't get me wrong - I have decided I like new clothes and pretty necklaces - but again, I have enough.  And then some.

In reference to the quote, this is what I want this year.  Forgiveness from those I have wronged.  Tolerance from those who would judge me.  From my friends, as you always have shared with me, your heart.  And I'll always take a free smile or laugh.  The ability to provide my best in my job and in everything I do.  For my eyes to be open to area where I can best share the gifts that I have been given and the courage to provide it.  To be able to be the best parent I possibly can.  The gift I can only give to myself - respect.  And last but not least (no, it's not in the quote), true love.  I don't know if Santa can deliver that one, so I may have to defer to a higher power.

So, I hope everyone has a truly blessed Christmas and a most amazing New Year!  I know I am really looking forward to it!

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas sweetie. I am hopeful for your New Year to give you all you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and the kids, Michele ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this. You have a great attitude and outlook!

    ReplyDelete