Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

What makes you smile?

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."~Leo F. Cuscaglia

Today I had a perfect stranger ask me "what makes you smile?"  Wow.  What a question.  Kudos to him.  What a great segue into a conversation. 

I had to think about my response for a few.  He really caught me off guard.  I know that no one has ever asked me that question.  Hmmm.

What makes Michele happy?  It's hard to pinpoint.  But I finally know what happy feels like, so I should be able to answer this.  
  • My children.  Without them my life would be completely unfulfilled.
  • Warm towels when they first come out of the dryer.  
  • Sunsets - love them!  God's favorite canvas.
  • Snowflakes.  Especially the really big flaky ones. 
  • Bacon, egg and cheese croissants
  • Venti hot chocolate from Starbucks
  • When one of my photographs I take really turns out great.
  • The smell of Fall.  The only word I can think of to describe it is crisp.  I came back to visit Ohio a few years ago and could sense it as soon as I got out of the car.
  • My pillow.  Although I don't get to spend nearly as much time as I would like with it.
  • Taking a nap in the middle of the afternoon.  Decadent!
  • Trying on clothes and having to go a size or two smaller.
  • Christmas trees.  Mine's still up :)
  • Curling up with a good book.  Especially one that continues on in a series.
  • Stimulating conversation.
  • A friend who knows you and knows your thoughts without asking.
  • Someone who comments on my blog posts.
  • You!
So, that's just what I could think of off the top of my head.  I would love to know what makes you smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment