Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hot in Cleveland

"A woman at 20 is like ice, at 30 is warm, and at 40 is hot." 
-Gina Lollabridgida

Well, from the blog title some of you might be expecting me to tell about some exciting events from my trip to Cleveland.  Sorry to disappoint.  As fun as it was, no romantic liaisons this time.  We just visited with a lot of family and got down to some necessary business for the upcoming move.  Actually, there was a very interesting one before I left for Cleveland, but I will save that for another blog.
 

I titled this one "Hot" because was this trip was just that - HOT!  Mild moderate temperature all summer until we arrived on Saturday.  And then all hell broke loose (or at least it felt like it!).  95+ degrees all week.  I don't think it ever got much below 90 until we left.  And then it dropped almost 25 degrees in 10 minutes through Cincy.  A nice farewell for our departure from Ohio.  Hopefully it's not an omen for our move.
 

Seriously though, we had another good trip home.  Saturday we went to the Lunar family reunion.  For those who don't know me - no this wasn't a moon landing convention.  My maiden name is Lunar.  No, really.  You can try to make a funny, but with 28 years with that name, I've pretty much heard them all.  Well anyways, I already blogged a bit about this last time.  It was really nice to see the ones who were able to make it.  I hope to reconnect with everyone else when I get up North for good.
Sunday we spent part of the time at my friend Terri's house and then at my baby brother Brad's and his awesome fiance Candice's.  Actually at Candice's parents' pool.  Both hostesses had an awesome spread of food and drinks.  We had a blast.  Thank you guys for inviting us into your homes and sharing a bit of your holiday with us.

We went to Classic Park to watch the fireworks like we did last year.  They put on a pretty good show for the fourth and it's free.  It was our second year in a row and we may have to make this an annual tradition.  It's home to the Lake County Captains.  They are the minor league team for the Cleveland Indians.  The stadium is kept up well and they really entertain you for the games.  I wish we would have had that when I was younger.   



On the way home we went to Sandi's which is this awesome little ice cream shop that I spent my summers at growing up.  They have the best ice cream and it hasn't changed a bit since I was little.  I would ride up there almost every day and spend my babysitting money on a large twist with sprinkles.  It's great to pass down traditions like this to my kids.  Guess what they ordered? :)


Monday we went to the Fairport Harbor Mardi Gras.  I haven't been out there in about 25 years but we used to go there every weekend with my dad in the summers.  My buddy Matt brought his 3 kids.  Mine had become fast friends with his on our last trip up.  Between a few fits (Jacob mostly) and some nagging from the kids to play every game of chance on the midway, they actually got to ride some rides.  We hit Dairy Queen for a late night snack.  Yes - sugar before bedtime again.  Hey, it's summer.  What can I say? 

Tuesday I went apartment and house hunting and then to visit Dad.  He got out some antique scooters he had picked up and the kids rode over to the playground with him and Helen. They thought the scooters were really neat.

Wednesday and Thursday were back to business.  An interview each day.  Wednesday with a recruiter and then Thursday for my dream job at American Greetings.  No news yet.  But no news is good news, right?  Having to work on that patience again.  I've put it in God's hands now. I would love this job but need to make sure it's the best one for me and my kids. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.  

Back to Tennessee for the next few weeks now.  Went directly to church camp the morning we got back.  Tell you all about that in the next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment