Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

How to Say Goodbye

Goodbyes are never easy
They usually come with tears
For this has been my second home
For many…many years.

No matter where life takes me
I’ll often think of you
And memories of each of you
Time cannot undo.

Times weren’t always easy
Some days the work was rough
But through it all we persevered
And showed that we were tough.

There were times we disagreed
And didn’t see eye to eye
But just like any family
We let the issues slide.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers
And I will do the same
And I hope a smile will cross your face.
If you should hear my name.

So goodbye to all my friends
There is no more to say
My new life awaits me
And I am on my way.

Take care and God Bless.
(Written for me by my mom Nora Hardy)


Friday was my last day of work.   Six months ago I figured the only way that was going to happen is if they walked me out the door.  I never would have believed that I would be the one walking away.  But God has plans for us that we don't even understand.  And thus, I put in my notice and here I am: jobless and moving to Cleveland.  
How do you say goodbye when you've worked somewhere for almost 17 years. Yeah - I said 17 years.  I know it's not possible; I must have started working there when I was twelve.  I've grown up with many of these people.  We've gone through marriages, births, divorces, and even the loss of some very special friends. We've had some hard times and many disagreements, but these are overshadowed by countless great memories. Family days, softball tournaments and hundreds of birthday celebrations.
In the meantime, I was overly blessed with great food and tearful goodbyes as I left Friday. I knew it would be difficult to leave but I didn't know just how hard.  I've seen so many people come and go and now it's my turn.  It's pretty surreal.  So goodbye and thank you if I don't see you again in this lifetime.  And to those of you that will be lifelong friends, know that I love you and we will be in touch soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment