Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fluttering Gently in the Breeze

"How does one become 
a butterfly?" 
  she asked pensively. 
"You must want to fly 
so much that you 
are able to give up 
  being a caterpillar." 
~Tina Paulus


  
Life is full of surprises.  We never know when a blessing is right around the corner.  Or up in the trees.  Sometimes it just takes looking around or in our case - looking up.

Such is life for us right now.  I mean, what are the chances that the monarchs decide to rest in my friend's backyard?  And that they stay long enough for me to get my camera over there for some great shots?

It is said that the butterfly symbolizes rebirth and renewal.  This is especially meaningful as my friend is moving from this house into a new one and beginning a new chapter in her life.  The butterflies showed up the week she is finally moving on. 

We all wait for a sign from God before making major decisions.  I'm one of those people who need a blinking yellow sign before I'm sure.  He really wanted my friend to get this particular message.  Instead of one, he sent hundreds!


So what sign are you waiting for? (If you come across a blinking yellow one with a large arrow, it's probably mine)  What is it that you need in order to move on?  Is it right in front of you and you haven't been looking for it?  Is it up in a tree fluttering gently in the breeze?    Is it possibly even the breeze itself?  Maybe it isn't a sign you need at all.  Perhaps you need to give up being a caterpillar in order to spread your wings and fly...

1 comment: