Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Looking For Love...


"Love doesn't make the world go round.  Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." ~Franklin P. Jones

My son Jacob loves dogs.  Always has.  I think there's an inherent bond between a boy and a dog.  Everytime we see one he asks if he can have one of his own.  I almost got him one several years ago on his birthday, but we couldn't have one at home at the time.

Tonight he got to play with an amazing dog.  Marley ran with him, played tag with him and was extremely patient with Jacob.  Of course he posed the question.  Marley's owner asked Jake what he would call it if he got one.  Jacob said "Love."  She suggested we try calling it to make sure it works for us.  So we did.  "Here Love.  Come on Love.  Time to eat Love."  Maybe not the best of choices for a dog.

I then realize if said dog gets loose, I am the one that gets to search around town.  "Lo-ve.  Where are you Love?  Come here boy."  Oh, that's bad.  Then I would have to put signs up.  "Looking for Love.  Missing Love.  Reward offered."  I could so see this happening.  Desperate 39-yr-old woman wandering the streets looking for Love. 

So maybe the puppy thing is on hold for a while.  As is the love thing.  But that's OK.  One of these days I'll have a furry, lovable creature licking my face to show me how much he loves me.  And maybe Jacob will get his dog too!

4 comments:

  1. That's a cute name. Hahaha.

    Fickle Cattle
    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Well, if you can't find love anywhere else...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are truly man's best friends! Their love are unconditional!





    Federal Resources for Single Mothers click: Here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! Jacob is my hero.

    ReplyDelete