Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Becoming

"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself." ~Anna Quindlen

Monday was a good day.  More than a good day.  Tackled a small mountain of boxes, most of which got put up and didn't end up on the floor.  Finally got the school shopping done.  Well, almost.  We're still missing one folder.  So off to Walmart in the morning so my daughter doesn't have a heart attack on the first day of school.  

And I got to go shopping.  Which usually ends up frustrating me more than making me happy.  But this trip was a great one.  Have money which is always a plus.  So I go to try on the next size down which is about where I should be.  Nope.  Too big.  Really?  I have to go back out and get the size below that one.  It fits.  Well.  Looks really good.  One of my daughters asked when I got so skinny.  I have to chalk it up to the kickboxing and zumba.  And a few thousand trips up and down the stairs in the last two weeks.   That felt really incredible!

I've long since given up on being perfect.  I just want to be good.  Really good.  And I'm getting there.  I'm happy.  Happier than I think I've ever been in my life.  No, I didn't win the lottery or catch Mr. Right.  Just because of the little things.  Holding my head up and taking the time to look around.  Knowing the side streets better because of the detours.  Loving the detours because they are taking me places I wouldn't otherwise know about.   And not just the road signs.  I'm taking the curve balls life is throwing at me.  About to throw back and then some.

So I'm becoming me.  Who that is I don't know yet.  Let me know if you see her though and what you think about the woman she's becoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment