Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

One Week Down

"Life isn't a matter of milestones but of moments." ~Rose F. Kennedy

One week down.  Well, give or take a few days.  Life's been a little busy, so my post is a little late.  For those of you who know me, that's not much of a surprise.  I'm usually late.  For just about everything.  I could make excuses for it, but I won't.  I chalk it up to heredity.

One full week into my new life.  Actually almost two, but one week with the kids and all my junk moved into our new apartment.  I don't count the three days of hell trying to get back from Tennessee.  Well, what have I accomplished in my first week?
  • We're moved in.  Me and 3 highly active children.  Big accomplishment!
  • Electric, gas, high-speed internet (whoohoo!), phone (another woot for that; no more bad connections on my cell) and tv turned on.  
  • Daily trips to Walmart for all those little things (and some big ones) that I seem to forget on my shopping list.  
  • Two bunkbeds bought and set up.  
  • Attended a back-to-school picnic and new student orientation at the kids' new school.  
  • New friends made for both the kids and myself. 
  • Attended the Phantom of the Opera for the first time.
  • Met up with old friends three times.
  • One Lake County Captains game (we won!) and a Cleveland Browns game (we lost that one).
  • Two sleepovers for the kids and a trip to the park with the cousins.
  • Registered the kids for school (finally).
Oh, and I got a job.  Ended up accepting the one I wasn't sure about.  They loved me so much, they want to give me a better position with more money.  Hmmm.  How often does that happen?  

Next week starts the hectic, back-to-reality lifestyle of Supermom.  New school, new teachers and all the activities that come with the school year.  The week after that I get back into life as a working mom instead of an unemployed bum.  I think I deserved my 5 weeks off though.  I've been working full-time since I was 16.

My deadline was August 24th.  Well, more of a milestone than a deadline.  That's the day that the kids start school.  In exactly five months I went from a married, barely existing shadow of a person in Tennessee to a single, taking everything she can out of life woman in Cleveland.  All but one of my goals on my checklist crossed off.  Can't tell you what that is because it's tied to my shooting star wish.  But that's OK.  I need to have something to look forward to.

So, a lot happened in one week.  Almost all for the good.  Don't know where I'm going from here.  But I know no matter what, it's going to be an adventure.  Here's to the moments...

No comments:

Post a Comment