Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Calm (for now)

"We rest here while we can, 
but we hear the ocean calling in our dreams
And we know by the morning, 
the wind will fill our sails to test the seams
The calm is on the water 
and part of us would linger by the shore
For ships are safe in harbor, 
but that's not what ships are for."
~Michael Lille

Since I've been here, I have this amazing sense of calm that's come over me.  Calm with a touch of patience.  And I am soooo not a patient person.  But life is good right now.  Yeah, there is so much unknown right now.  But the pieces are falling into place.  Slowly.  And that is fine with me.  I'm not in a hurry.  For anything.  Life has been so crazy for so long that I'm OK with slow.

But I know that this calm will not last forever.  I've been lingering on the shore for a little while now.  I don't know how long I'll be able to stay at the dock.  The wind is gently tugging at my sails, letting me know that it's there waiting for me.  I was never made for calm.  There's too much fiery Irish temper for me to be still for long.  When the wind hits it will be fierce.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.

So if you happen to see me calm and collected, know that the storm is waiting just around the bend.  I will be testing the seams of my sails very soon and trying to find out just what the boundaries of my new life are going to be.  Until then I will revel in the calm, existing at the very edge of the shore but ready to sail this ship further into the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment